Friday 11 September 2015

preliminary task - evaluation



Evaluation




I analysed 3 existing school magazine covers, to understand the layout and typical conventions. For my magazine front cover I used an image of the headmaster. I used him as it links to the main story of the magazine. I placed the image in the middle of the magazine as this is a typical convention of a magazine cover. The headmaster is smiling which makes the magazine more appealing and makes him stand out. I put the mast head at the top of the magazine as this is a typical convention of a magazine cover. I chose to use the colour red for the mast head as this will make it stand out. Red is related to power which makes the magazine look powerful. I put all the tag lines in red as well so that they match the mast head; however I used a different font size for different tag lines. This makes the more important ones stand out, again this is a typical convention of a magazine cover. I also placed and smaller image from inside the magazine. This makes it more interesting to the reader as it catches their eye as it shows them what’s inside the magazine. For my contents page I used an image of a science class doing an experiment as this makes it look more interesting and appealing. I used white writing as this makes it stand out against the dark background. I put the title at the top of the page as this is a typical convention of a contents page and shows clearly that it is the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment